Dear Brethren and co-workers in Christ:
It has been an exciting week as statistics show that in our first thirty days, the Continuing Church of God was able to reach over 2,000,000 people over the radio and over 100,000 over the internet.
The radio reach was the result of three radio interviews, two of which were broadcast over a network with at least 60 radio stations. And the internet reach was the result of increased interest in the Church of God message that we in the Continuing Church of God are putting forth.
In our first month, we also began the www.ccog.org website, the BibleNewsProphecy channel on YouTube, and the ContinuingCOG channel.on YouTube. More details on the statistics can be found in the post, CCOG met COG proclamation goal.
COGwriter and World News
The www.cogwriter.com/news/ website was updated regularly and averaged three article posts per day, and had over 5,000 visits every day in January 2013.
One item that you may wish to read, if you have not already done so, was the article titled Congress passes debt bill. Ignoring the prophetic warnings about increasing debt, the Congress of the USA past legislation to increase federal debt. This debt is not expected to hit $17 trillion, and this does not count the 3$trillion that the US Federal Reserve has created nor its plans to increase at the rate of about 1$trillion per year (see Federal Reserve to continue with $85 billion in monthly ‘money creation’). Debt is prophesied to ultimately lead to sudden destruction (Habakkuk 2:6-8).
Sabbath Services for February 2, 2013
Last week, those of you in the Eastern Hemisphere were not able to watch the What is the meaning of your life? sermon last Sabbath, though those in the Western Hemisphere were.
Taking that into consideration, here is my suggested format for Sabbath services for February 2, 2013:
- 2-3 hymns (we are using the 1974 Bible Hymnal from the old WCG and the choral accompaniment)
- Opening prayer by an appropriate male if present).
- Sermonette (short 8-15 minute subject) or Bible New Prophecy YouTube video. The newest one is Should Christians watch American football? and a different one can be watched instead, especially in lands outside the USA that do not have an issue with American football.
- Announcements (which probably will be this Letter to the Brethren) and one hymn.
- Sermon (which for most will be a recorded one), which for most of you will be The Falling Away Part 1: The Bible and Church History. Some who missed it last week, may instead wish to watch the sermon What is the meaning of your life?
- Final hymn.
- Closing prayer by an appropriate male (if available).
We appreciate you bearing with us as we learn how to better provide sermons and other materials to you all.
We were able to open a bank account in the name of the Continuing Church of God late last Friday and so yes, you can send tithes and offerings to us at: Continuing Church of God, 1248 E. Grand #A, Arroyo Grande, CA 93420.
Additionally, we added an information request telephone number for the Continuing Church of God which is 1-805-574-1818. This will be answered by an automated machine, but messages will be monitored by humans :).
We are also in the process of trying to determine how to carry out various aspects of church administration and are putting information together related to that.
We also are working on a magazine tentatively titled Bible News Prophecy, and while the articles are completed, the layout firm we hired has been afflicted with illness and has not completed its part yet. So, we hopefully will be able to announce more about that next week.
Brethren, please pray that God will open the right doors for us and that we will have the proper wisdom to go through those doors that He opens.
Bob Thiel, Pastor and Overseer
Continuing Church of God